Are wireless smart homes in Oklahoma City worth it?
Not so long ago, home security systems were limited to hard-wired equipment joined through a long installation process. Those days are done. Wireless advancements have transformed the industry and created a multitude of opportunities for homeowners.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Oklahoma City is a good option for you? See what you need to know about wireless solutions.
What you ought to know before going wireless
The foundation of any wireless network is a stable connection to the internet. Reliable, speedy internet and a high-quality wireless router are the principal components you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in quite some time, consider making the change now to benefit from the newest performance enhancements.
If you reside in an area without reliable fast internet or cell coverage, you might be well-advised to go with a hard-wired installation. Or, if you relocate to a house that is already wired for security, it could make sense financially to stay with that configuration.
Network and utility outages can occur regardless of where you are located. To address this concern, search for security options with cellular and battery backups to stay connected.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Oklahoma City?
The primary purpose of any home security system is to protect your family from threats like theft and fire. You can do this with wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to take advantage of the latest innovations, a wireless smart home is your best option. By installing a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to secure your entryways or view live video from your mobile device? A wireless smart home gives you a level of connectivity you’ve never experienced before. You can inspect or make changes to any incorporated components remotely, like your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant notifications: Not only can you access your system, but it can also reach you. If a device is tripped, an alert will be dispatched instantly to your smartphone app. You’ll always be notified when the system goes off, regardless of whether you’re home or away.
● Flexible and scalable: Different from wired implements, you can put wireless options just about anyplace. Interested in having an indoor camera on your shelf or in your child’s room? No problem! It’s also straightforward to remove or add components from your wireless smart home.
Potential disadvantages of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Oklahoma City have proven safe and useful, there are a couple of potential disadvantages. Consider the following:
● You might need to replace batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered devices, there’s always the chance of failure when the battery dies. However, smart elements will notify you when power is dwindling and usually last for several years without needing a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There could be a limit on how far you may place wireless devices away from the primary command hub. This isn’t an issue in the majority of homes, but you should inquire about the distance before making a decision.
● Threat of online hacking. In a similar fashion as other computer networks, the risk of hacking is present. But you can greatly lower this risk by incorporating secure passwords, always changing default settings, and using routers with built-in security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Oklahoma City today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can do by designing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll love being able to monitor and control your Oklahoma City security system from anywhere. Reach out to (405) 777-7501 to begin.