Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Oklahoma City smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full command of your Oklahoma City home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and find suggestions to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Oklahoma City?
Wirelessly coupling to devices through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular functionality and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote operability through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review live or saved video streams from any connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Oklahoma City by implementing schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock whenever the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in the home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. Note that you can still arm the security system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Oklahoma City
Even though various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add another user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote capability, select phone or email and provide the details to dispatch an invitation.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, press users, select the user you would like to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Oklahoma City smart home. Dial (405) 777-7501 to get started.