What should you do if your Oklahoma City home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your property – and your loved ones – against the many risks you may experience, like theft, flooding, and fire. Although your home might be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Oklahoma City home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is likely to be shocking, disorienting, and could cause panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and abide by these easy guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Oklahoma City Triggers
You never want to be in this dilemma, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. So what should you do?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is pounding. But keeping a cool head is the best way to evaluate what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency on your own and permit your monitoring professionals and first responders to carry out their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your main focus should be your family members and getting them to safety. In the event of a intrusion, this might mean moving to an appointed secure area as far from entry points as possible. The intruder was likely already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s fumes or a blaze, you need to leave your house right away.
- Grab your smartphone. The vast majority of people keep their phones with them at all times these days, but you may forget to take it during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay connected with your monitoring specialists and receive updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Oklahoma City goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will instantly act. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that means communicating with you. The protocol they abide by is dependent on the kind of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, one attempt will be made to reach you before help is deployed. If you have an intrusion - the most frequent type of event - a monitoring specialist will follow these steps to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you using the command hub. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t get an answer, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- An alternate number or your first contact person is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area police are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again after emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not able to communicate with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Help will still be deployed even if you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Oklahoma City
Stay ready for any emergency with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Oklahoma City from Vivint. Dial (405) 777-7501 to begin customizing your property’s defense today.